List of foods for diabetics to Eat
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder in which the body is unable to produce sufficient quantities of the hormone insulin, which is needed to convert sugar, starches and other foods into energy. It causes abnormally high levels of glucose in the blood that can lead to serious health problems. Patients are normally encouraged to have a diabetic diet low in carbohydrates that have a high glycemic index that increases the level of glucose in the body. Patients suffering from diabetes should avoid foods that are known sources of fat, sugar and salt and should consume more fruits, vegetables and starchy foods, vitamins and minerals. The recommended daily food must contain approximately 50% to 60% carbs, 12% to 20% protein and no more than 30% fat.
Foods for diabetics to Eat
If a person is diabetic doesn't mean you cannot have anything to eat, he just needs to follow a strict diet for diabetics, where he needs to eat healthy, with a set amount, and at regular intervals. But there are some foods that could work against diabetes and make you very sick. Therefore, the following is a list of foods for diabetics to eat to help you plan your diet.
• Fiber-rich complex carbohydrates: studies show that a diet high in dietary fiber is a prevention against diabetes. Fiber slows digestion, the body's metabolic rate, and the absorption of carbohydrates. Increases tissue sensitivity to insulin, and therefore preventing the increase of blood sugar levels. It is recommended to limit the intake of refined carbohydrates and fatty foods. Foods like oats, cereals, legumes, whole grains, dried beans, peas, lentils, etc, are rich in fiber content and should be included in diabetic diet plan.
• Starchy foods: If white bread can't be that good for diabetes, you may have to include enough starch in your diet with vegetables, pasta, cereals and grains.
• Vegetables: vegetables such as cabbage, spinach, broccoli, green beans, carrots, tomatoes, etc. are great sources of fiber, minerals and vitamins and should be included in your diet.
• Fruit: fruit, although rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, are also a great source of carbohydrates, and therefore should be consumed in moderation. According to the calorie count, two to four servings of fruits such as apples, bananas, mangoes, oranges, raisins, and Grapefruits per day may be considered.
• Milk: milk is the most important source of vitamins and minerals that our body needs. Fat free milk sources, like yogurt or low-fat milk can be administered to the patient.
• Meat: meat, although essential for our body, should be consumed in moderation. Meat substitutes like red meat, poultry, cheese, tofu, eggs, fish, etc can also be included in the diet plan.
• Oil and fats: Avocado oil, pure olive oil, sesame oil, soybean oil, etc can be used to cook the dishes recipesand diabetics.
This list of foods for diabetics to eat will ease your concerns and will allow you to select the best diabetic foods. Along with this, the foods that you should avoid eating include white rice, sugar, sweets, honey, corn syrup, salt, fish etc. Accordingly, to maintain a healthy lifestyle, you should monitor your diabetes on a regular basis, lose weight and exercise daily.